Big Cat Sanctuary and Whale Watching Combo
Whale Watching in the morning (Jun - Dec)
Whale watching trips take place from June to December however, should the whales change their migration schedule we will adjust our schedule accordingly. Generally the trip last 2 hrs, but can be longer depending on how quickly we find the whales.
- HMV The Ivanhoe - 10am or 1pm boat trip
- View Southern Right Whales
- Cape Fur Seal
- African Penguin
- Marine Birdlife
- Boat Trip takes 2hr and you return to Harbour at 12 Noon.
Once you have returned to harbour it is a short 29.8Km drive to Panthera Africa in Stanford - See map below.
Big Cat Sanctuary Experience - All year round
The Big Cat Sanctuary - Panthera Africa is a non-profit company that is an environmentally friendly sanctuary for any captive bred big cat, where the animals brought to us can prosper and live the rest of their lives.
The Big Cat Sanctuary offers 5 different visiting packages, all of them have to be Pre-Booked in advance and require a minimum and have a max number of guests.
Visit Panthera Africa and their knowledgeable and passionate staff will educate you on the interesting facts about the different species and enlighten you on their animals' unique personalities and their heartfelt rescue story.
- Children's Educational Visits - 1Hr - From R190
- Educational Visits - 1.5Hr - 2Hr - From R340 - 20%Combo Specials
- Sunset Visits - 2Hr - From R490
- Enrichment Visits - 2Hr - From R490
- A Conscious Walk through the Kingdom - 3Hrs - From R990
- Book your Whale Watching Trip with Ivanhoe, qualify for a 20% Discount an Educational Visit
Once you have made your whale watching booking, you can select which visit Big Cat experience you would like to enjoy. We will make all the arrangements on your behalf with Panther Africa, a voucher will be provided that will be your ticket to visiting the Big Cats.
The sanctuary is NOT open to the public, visits are by appointments on a strict prior arrangement.
The Big Cat Sanctuary is situated near the beautiful village of Stanford, just outside the world famous town of Hermanus on your way to Gansbaai, enriched with natural greenery, fynbos, and history, this is a lovely place to take a mid day stop and enjoy one of the local restaurants!